Rehabilitation is the process of returning the patient to their original situation. It may be defined as restoring the condition of good health, or ability to work. This is a broad term in, which physiotherapy also comes. For complete restoration of the patient, professionals of Prasidh Hospital, Hyderabad, know every minute detail and cause of illness or disease so that a personalized rehab plan can be made and also prevent the future attack of the disease.
In physiotherapy, the word physio or physical means this therapy is related to the physical parts of suffered patients. Physiotherapy is mostly focused on the movement of body organs and body strength. During the rehabilitation process, there might be a need for physical therapy based on injury or disease.
Physiotherapists are the experts in human movement and have a key role in the prevention, identification, assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of individuals when movement and function are threatened or affected by aging, diseases, conditions, or environmental factors.
Physiotherapists at Prasidh Hospital, Hyderabad, support people at all stages of life to recover from injury, reduce pain and stiffness, increase mobility and movement and maximize function and quality of life, incorporating physical, and emotional, psychological, and social wellbeing.
We, Prasidh Hospital, use a variety of clinical skills, which include manual techniques like soft tissue massage, joint mobilization, manipulation, stretching, acupuncture, and individually prescribed exercise therapy to restore normal movement and activity. We’re dedicated to the prevention of recurrence of disease and injury. We pride ourselves on our evidence-based treatments and regularly participate in professional development activities to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills for their benefit.
We offer flexible same-day or next-day appointments as standard in our private treatment rooms with a male or female physiotherapist. Included in our hospital is a well-equipped exercise area and if you are unable to come to us, we can arrange to visit you if you are within our catchment area.
Prasidh hospital’s team is all registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy at Prasidh hospital provides services to develop maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability throughout life. Physiotherapy is concerned with identifying and maximizing quality of life and movement potential within the spheres of promotion, prevention, treatment, habilitation, and rehabilitation.
Our physiotherapists may help patients in following the process-
• Undertake a comprehensive examination of the patient or needs of a client group
• In evaluating the findings from the examination for making judgments.
• Formulate a diagnosis, prognosis, and the plan
• Provide consultation within their expertise and determine when patients need to be referred to another doctor
• Implement a physical therapy treatment program
• Determine the outcomes of any treatments
Common Physiotherapy Treatments
This is very effective to speed up the healing process for patients with amputations, strains in the spine, or who underwent any sort of medical operation. Some of the common treatments involved in physiotherapy are:
It is a type of energy-based physiotherapy technique in which electrical stimulation is delivered with the help of electrodes, which are attached to the skin.
Range of Motion Exercises
The patient’s body needs adequate rest during the early stages of recovery from surgery or bone injuries, but long periods of immobility may actually lengthen the healing process.
Cryotherapy and Heat Therapy
Professional athletes with desk jobs often complain of sore and stiff muscles. In such a case, the application of heat or cold to the affected areas can relieve them of muscle tightness anywhere on their body. In heat therapy, hot packs, and paraffin wax are applied. Cryotherapy might involve an ice massage or the application of an ice pack.
Soft Tissue Mobilisation
This is also known as therapeutic massage and may help in relaxing the muscles and reduce the swelling in certain areas.
In this physiotherapy treatment, this is applied to the skin to stabilize the joints and muscles while the patient undergoes treatment.
It includes the utilization of sound waves to treat injuries in the body.
Although you do not need a physiotherapist for each and every strain and ache, you should pay a visit when you have any of the following conditions.
• Loss of balance: You might feel a loss of balance if you have issues in your inner ear. Which is known as the vestibular system, certain structures inside your ear maintain your body’s balance system. Physiotherapy can help you to re-train your central nervous system and compensate for vestibular problems.
• Chronic pain: If you have been in pain for several days, you need to come at Prasidh hospital. We can diagnose your problem and suggest a treatment plan.
• Before and after surgery: As surgeries may result in certain complications, getting physiotherapy is essential both pre and post-operations.
• Neurological disease: A few conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries, and stroke can affect the patient’s movements severely. With physiotherapy treatment, they can’t get rid of the condition, but could surely have a better quality of life.
• Pregnancy: During pregnancy and after it, you should pay extra attention to your body. The ligaments, which support your back can soften due to hormonal changes. The muscles of your pelvic floor and stomach stretch as your child grows. Our physiotherapy not only helps you to support your body but also helps you to recover faster.
Copyright © Prasidh rights reserved.